Monday, July 13, 2009

What Obama means to me

What Obama means to me

by David Tsotsi Kasumali

To me, Obama represents not ­only an office but a person. I'm ashamed to say it but I didn't know who Obama was before the election. Then he was just a name. Then he was a face, a slogan, and a voice. Now, he is a person, very real human and he's President! He's the first real person to be President. He is respected everywhere in the world and admired and it makes me proud of my African heritage. I want to learn more about it.

Obama has brought people and the world together. “Obama” should be in the dictionary. What other word can describe hope, unity, change, expectation and leadership in just three ­syllables like Obama does?

David Tsotsi Kasumali graduated from Swarthmore College this year and plans to enter law school.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So all the other Presidents, including the ones who founded the nation, were imaginary? Get a grip, Erkel.